Best Birthday Present Ever!
November 22, 2023
Our 11th birthday coincides with another milestone – 4 MILLION DOLLARS RAISED!
After One Percent Collective launched in November 2012 it took 72 months to raise the first million dollars. The fourth million took just 16 months. That’s the power of a Collective of over 700 Kiwis who give a %. That’s the power of inspiring generosity and simplifying regular giving. That’s why One Percent Collective exists.
Of course, it’s a Collective effort, and everyone is due a thank you.
- Thank you to all donors, past and present.
- Thank you to The Future 70 (70 people giving $20 per week to help with our running costs)
- Thank you to current business sponsors FNZ, Supergood, 1000minds, Klim Type Foundry.
- Thank you to past business sponsors The Original Cocoa Traders, Sam Newble from Tommy's Real Estate, Real Steel Ltd , PaySauce, Trade Me, Flick Electric Co., Kāpura (Formerly Wellington Hospitality Group), and @BizDojo.
- Thank you to all crew and trustees, past and present.
- Thank you and welcome to Friends of the Collective. They’re donors who’ve recently opted to direct a portion of their regular giving towards keeping One Percent Collective sustainable into the future.
4 million is a lot of dollars but the value is in their impact. Those dollars have helped our past and present partner charities to provide essential services to people in crisis, to care for our environment, to advocate for change, to put food in hungry tummies, and to support and inspire a generation of future leaders and creators who will shape the Aotearoa we live in tomorrow.
Here are the 23 charities who have benefited from the Collective’s generosity over the years. ADC Microfinance, Amped4Life, Bellyful, DCM, Digital Future Aotearoa, Fair Food, Garden to Table, Grandparents Raising Grandchildren, Inspiring Stories, Kaibosh, Mixit, The Little Miracles Trust, Ngā Rangatahi Toa, OutLine Aotearoa, The Period Place, Project Jonah, Rare Disorders NZ, Raukatauri Music Therapy, SpinningTop, Sustainable Coastlines, Take My Hands, UpsideDowns, and WELLfed.
Thanks again to everyone who’s been along for the ride. Let’s keep rollin’.
Pat, Ben, Sheridan, and the One Percent Collective Board of Trustees.
P.S. For those not yet part of the Collective, join us on our journey to the next million dollars raised for causes Kiwis care about. Give a % at onepercentcollective.org
Join One Percent Collective with your 1%
We’ve partnered with 16 trusted Kiwi-based charities. Choose one, some, or all. Tell us how much you want to give and how often. Set up once, then we’ll do the rest. Easy!JOIN the collective NOW