Management and Governance
- One Percent Collective partners with small to medium sized NZ-based charities. Preference for new partnerships will be given to charities with an annual expenditure below $500,000.
- Annual expenditure should not outweigh annual income.
- A total paid staff of less than the equivalent of 10 full time employees.
- Registered charity status in New Zealand with a minimum of one submitted annual return
- Prudent financial management.
- Can demonstrate evidence of good governance.
- We will not accept any charities whose management have criminal convictions relating to fraud or dishonesty.
- Have other forms of funding secured (One Percent Collective can’t be the only source).
- Charities must be able to provide evidence of regular financial reporting on request throughout the partnership.
People and Motivations
- Demonstrates integrity and transparency.
- Please note that we do not fund the promotion of religious beliefs, organisations with overt ties to political parties or those who are raising money to pass on to other organisations as grants
Evidence of Success
- Proven ability to set and meet specific objectives.
- Examples of successes already achieved.
- Demonstrates a solid model of change (i.e. What opportunities, change, and benefits do you want to generate in your community?)
Communication & Collaboration
- Willingness to explore collaborations with other One Percent Collective partner charities.
- Demonstrate the ability to work creatively and actively participate in One Percent Collective communications & marketing.
- Ability to engage and grab the attention of current and future donors.
- Attend and/or co-create occasional activities or events relating to the partnership (e.g. media interviews, donor events, etc.).
- Opportunities for One Percent donors to actively be involved as volunteers where possible.
- Preference will be given to organisations with New Zealand-wide reach (or potential for NZ-wide reach) or those who have a strong base in a major New Zealand city.
- Commitment to strive for One Percent Collective’s values; be open, be human and be real.
As our partner charities grow and create more impact, they may extend beyond some of the criteria, such as staffing numbers, annual expenditure etc. We see this being a great measurement of success, that since joining the Collective, they are able to expand the reach and impact of their important work.
We and our partner charities aspire to the Collective Values; be open, be human and be real. Our partner charities work with us to share stories on the impact they are creating, through digital storytelling via our website, newsletter and social media.
Charity partnerships will be reviewed every 12 months by our Board of Trustees to ensure partner charities continue to align with the criteria, Collective values, and commitments. We will discuss what goals they would like to focus on during the next 12 months should the partnership be renewed, and how we can best support each other to meet these goals. At this time, our Board of Trustees will review organisational space and whether we have any capacity to take on any new partner charities.Applications for partner charities only open up when we have operational capacity to take on new partnerships. To be kept up to date with 2022 openings, please subscribe to our newsletter .
One Percent Collective reserves the right to amend the charity criteria at any time without prior warning. All updates will not have negative implications on current charities, will be communicated directly to current charities and will appear online. One Percent Collective reserves the right to make exceptions where charities may not meet one or more of the criteria outlined where One Percent Collective have deemed the explanation provided by the charity fair.
Support any number of our 15 partner charities and make an impact on the lives of thousands in Aotearoa and beyond. Joining takes less than 5 minutes.